Monday, August 30, 2010

A Fall Happy Birthday...

* Edit - this card was chosen in the TOP 5 at Meljen's Challenge #22 - Happy Birthday!

Don't you just love the thought of cool Fall days, the leaves changing colors and wearing sweaters! It's 90 degrees outside, but a girl can dream, right! Okay, we still have a little more summer left, but all this back to school preparation and soccer practice and football cheerleading practice is making me crave a little Autumn around here.

This card reminds me that my birthday is around the corner in October. I usually get cakes or cupcakes and flowers in Autumn colors because that's all you can find that time of year. I think I know exactly who I'm going to give this to. One thing no one in blogland knows about me (until now) is that I have a twin brother. Trust me, he could have been the boy who lived down the street and had different parents - that's how different we are and we look nothing like each other...I have blonde hair and blue eyes and he has brown hair and brown eyes. But, we do share a birthday, so we have that in common.

I used my new EK Success Pumpkin Flourish Chain edge punch for this one and I punched it with green, orange and brown and used different parts to paper piece it. I also embossed the pumpkins with a Cuttlebug Divine Swirls folder to give them a little more dimension. Joan' s Gardens recipe this week is striped paper, pearls or brads, piercing (mine is on the leaves and swirls on the punched edge) and a stamped Fall image (leaves). I think I got it all in there. I popped up the leaves image to let it take center stage. I also distressed the edges of the striped paper and french vanilla Bazzill cardstock with an edge distresser then inked it up too for a more distress look.

Challenges:
Joan's Gardens #12 - recipe of elements (listed above)
Sweet Stampin Challenge #41 - Distressed Birthdays
Meljen's Challenge #22 - Happy Birthday!

My Crafty Recipe:
Stamps: Hampton Art image, Stampendous sentiment
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, ColorBox Chestnut Roan
Paper: Making Memories, Bazzill french vanilla cardstock
Other: EK Success Pumpkin Flourish Chain edge punch, Heidi Swapp edge distresser, Recollections pearls, Cuttlebug Divine Swirl embossing folder, paper piercer

7 comments:

  1. oh pattie really love your style so delicate yet so effective,hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty! Love the leaves on the card. It must be cool to have a twin brother ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is lovely..love those pumpkins... Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you have achieved with your Pumpkin flourish punch. Great idea to emboss too! A really pretty card with great impact. Thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin. Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! What lovely colors and great layout!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our Birthday challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
    Dee (Spryte)♥
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love Fall, but wish we had had some warmer summer days! The colors in your card are awesome and I love the distressing. Thanks for playing SWeet Stampin'.

    Tamie - GDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You made the TOP FIVE at Meljen's Designs! Be sure to grab your badge and display it proudly on your blog! Thanks for playing and hope to see you again this week! Nicole - MD DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!