Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cheers...and a Whiff of Joy!


Hi there - I just love Whiff of Joy stamps and I was so excited to see that they have a Guest Design Team call every two months on the 16th on their Stamping with a Whiff of Joy blog. This time around they asked everyone who is interested to make a bottle tag! I have never made one before, but I can tell you, this is not my last! I chose to go for a standard shape and then accent my image with a die cut shape to make it stand out! I was also going for a Fall them in the colors too. I love this time of year and this dp reminds me of the changing leaves.

I started by stamping my Dancing Willow image with Memento Rich Cocoa and colored her skin, hair and accessories with copics. Then I decided to bring in the colors of my dp by paper-piecing her outfit...have I told you how much I love paper-piecing! I cut her out using Spellbinders Labels Sixteen turned to a diamond shape. Did you notice her hand sticking out...I love that trick when the image is larger than the die. I cut out a circle and stamped it with my very appropriate sentiment...then I made it into a little card by cutting out the circle again, but leaving a bit of the folded edge uncut. Now I can write a message to the recipient! You can see it slightly open on this inset picture. Hopefully, that person will share the bottle of wine with me too!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! Don't forget about my Follow Me blog candy...you can find it HERE!

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous bottle tag!! Your image is so sweet and you colored her just perfect..Looks like a winner to me :) Good Luck!!Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful creation! Thanks for taking part in WoJ's GD Call!
    Katharina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!