Thursday, October 14, 2010

You're the friend...


Hi there! This is what you get when you have a blogging paper crafter home all by herself on a rainy day...lots of posts!

This one is for a few challenges...I love it when it just works out that way! I am a little burned out on Fall and Halloween cards, so I took a break and used one of my favorite combos...turquoise and black!

This technique is background stamping on acetate. I stamped my wild roses with white onto acetate and then backed it with a dark color to show it off and protect the ink. Then I stamped my sentiment (PTI) on the front of the acetate. You can see it better in the inset picture. I just went to town after that...lace, ribbon, bling, flower, leaves, more bling, a button with bling, a blingy butterfly and some pearls! Basically, me on a card!

Guess I should go figure out what to make for dinner since both kids' games were cancelled due to rain...I wasn't planning on being home for dinner. No problem though...I'll whip something up! Have a great night!

Challenges:
Just Us Girls #54 - acetate
Sweet Stampin' #47 - diamonds are a girls best friend
Cute Card Thursday #134 - what's buggin' you (butterfly)
Flutter By Wednesday #126 - butterfly
City Crafter Challenge #26 - take flight (butterfly)
Stamptacular Sunday #80 - BFF - buttons , flowers, friends

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget about my Follow Me blog candy...you can find it HERE...until October 17th!

19 comments:

  1. Oh how elegant and beautiful Pattie!! I so love your colors and your use of rhinestones, flowers and lace. Gorgeous layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pattie, this is fabulous!!!! Love the colors and your take on the acetate challenge! The rose is GORGEOUS! Love the bling flourish!!! Overall, just a stunning card!!!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls! We appreciate your support!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! That is a very special sentiment, and you've showcased it with a beautiful background and gorgeous rose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous elements on your card!! I love the flower and the colors!! Thanks for joining us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so elegant. I love all the details! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see why this is one of you fave combo's, it's beautiful. Love your use of bling & the sentiment is fabulous. Could sit for ages just looking at your creation! Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very nice yet simple and stylish card! love to see you next week! thanks for joining us at stamptacular this week! also i'm giving away a blog candy hop over to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! LOVE the colors! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card! Love the stamping on acetate, so pretty! Gorgeous bling!! And such a wonderful, lovely sentiment!
    Thanks for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday this week! Good Luck on our BFF challenge!
    Hugs
    Dee (Spryte)♥
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such an elegant card. I love the flower and leaf. Your rhinestone swirl is such an added touch to your card. Such a perfect card for our BFF Challenge. Thanks for sharing it with us at SSC.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. O my this is stunning! love the effect of the stamping on the acetate! Looks amazing!!! Love the colour too...gawjuss!!! Thanks for joining us this week at SSC for our BFF challenge.
    hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pattie, this is gorgeous! Beautiful colors and the flower, leaves, bling flourish are gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, the colors are just fabulous! Thanks so much for joing us for this week's FBW challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very beautiful!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really pretty ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card with such a sweet little butterfly. Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!