Sunday, December 12, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside...


It's week two of being the Guest Designer at the Stamptacular Sunday challenge and this week's theme is Winter Wishes!

When I saw these papers from Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses collection, I just had to have them! They are perfect for my little Winter scene complete with adorable Snow Day PI girl from My Favorite Things and my new favorite die set...the snowflakes from Our Daily Bread Designs. My sentiment and snowflake stamp is from the MFT's Baby It's Cold Outside set. This oh so sweet little girl is colored with Copics and some Stardust Stickles added the bling to her cute hat!

I started with a rough sketch, layered up all my papers and added the shimmery red, pink and blue flourish die cut snowflakes and some ribbon...also from MFT! An irridescent snowflake and a few pearls top it off. I cut my circle with a Fiskars punch and stamped my sentiment and snowflake in ColorBox Dark Brown and dabbed the center with some more Stickles. I added some dimensional snow paint to the snowballs and ground in front of her to give it the puffy texture...it looks so real!

Challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday #89 - Winter Wishes
My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club - Winter Wonderland
City Crafter Challenge #34 - Let It Snow
Little Red Wagon #58 - Use a Die Cut
Pixie Dust Studio #52 - Let It Snow
Sundays With Chrissy #12 - Winter is Here!
Totally Gorjuss #60 - Snow!
Sentimental Sundays #33 - Let It Snow!
Cupcake Inspirations #89 - Snowflake Cupcake Inspiration

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. beautiful...great colour combo and I looooove that DP too.

    fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOvely card, patty! So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! The pink bow is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ... love the colours the DP and the gorgeous ribbon ... fabulous job ... thanks for joining us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, love the colours & that fab ribbon! I haven't seen this image before & it is simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Pattie this is absolutely stunning what an adorable image and your design is fantastic, I love this so much.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this one too, pretty DP, and the layering of snowflakes are just great! Thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet card - love that image! Thanks so much for joining in our Let it Snow challenge at Sentimental Sunday. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another wonderful card.. I love the colors of this one.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable!! Love the colors, papers, image, snowflakes...OK, I love Everything :) Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just as darling as can be! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card! I love the mix of patterned papers and the ribbon too. Thanks so much for joining us at the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow hun, how gorgeous (or should that be Gorjuss?) is this?! Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss with us this week. Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww this one is a cutie!! Thanks so much for playing at my challenge, Sundays With Crissy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so adorable Pattie! I think I saw it on some other challenge and thought then how sweet it was! Thanks for joining us this week at CIC. Hope you can make it again next week!
    Denimo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, I love that image & the papers are gorgeous!

    Thank you so much for sharing it with Sentimental Sundays :)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!