Monday, March 7, 2011

Thinking of You...DeNami Designs Debut


Hi there! It's my first post as a Guest Designer at DeNami Designs! The Sketch Challenge starts today and I am so happy to be able to join in on the fun!

I had a bit of a struggle getting an idea with this sketch at first because I knew which stamp I wanted to use, I just had to figure out how to make it work...that's why it's called a "challenge," I guess!

First, I stamped this very sweet Leafy Vine Wreath image, coloring the leaves with Copics and adding some pretty pink pearls to it. I stamped my sentiment from the Thoughtful Greeting Petit Fours set in the center and then started assembling my card.

I started with my striped dp and layered up my carstock layers and my image. Then, I attached three different satiny ribbons that coordinate with my dp and added a bow. The MS butterfly punched with the same dp and a few pearls gives it the finishing touch it needed.

Be sure to stop by the DeNami Designs Blog to see the new Sketch Challenge and play along with us!

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty Pattie - love the pearls! Can't wait to get together again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely adorable! So bright & cheerful. Awesome start as the Guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were both thinking on the same line when we used the 3 rows of ribbon ---- great minds think alike! Love the color combo and stamps you chose, great way to use the sketch. Excited to have you join us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job with my sketch! I love the happy color combo you chose and you made the stamp work perfectly!! Absolutely gorgeous card!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card. I love the colors that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! Love those bright spring colors! Congrats on the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Pattie! This just sings a lovely song of spring to my winter-weary heart! How beautiful! So glad you could join us this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! LOVE the three strips of ribbon, the gorgeous color combo and the pearls on the wreath!!! Excellent work!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!