Friday, July 9, 2010

To the world...

Edit: This card was chosen as the Grand Creation Winner at Picture Perfect Creations Week #20!




Hi there - it's another hot one today...but I've been staying cool in my crafty room!

Today's card is for The Shabby Tea Room's Let's Make an Impression (embossing) challenge #17 and I used the colors from the Picture Perfect Creations Color Combo #20 with Kazan's Sketch #56 from 2 Sketches 4 You. It also qualifies for the Cuttlebug Challenge: Be Inspired #91 Doilies and Lace. Put it all together and what do you get...a very pretty card!

The sentiment is one of my all time faves from Verve's One Person stamp set. It's stamped with ColorBox Chestnut Roan and so are the flowers...they're from the same stamp set too! I used my copics to color them in and voila'! The ColorMates Dark Autumn Red is embossed with Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder and the papers are from Basic Grey Bittersweet. They all sit on some chocolate colored Bazzill cardstock. A little lace, a lotta Prima Say It With Pearls and there you have it!

I really hope you like it...thanks for stopping by today!

13 comments:

  1. Patti your card is just stunning! I love, love the sentiment and how you worked the colors with the sketch. The Pearl swirls are just awesome and the flowers with them help make your card pop!!! You rocked it! Thanks for playing PPC!

    Tamie - PPC Creator

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Pattie, I LOVE your card! The flowers are gorgeous and rich in color! The lace is so pretty on the edges and that sentiment is one of my all time favorites! My mom still quotes it from a card that I gave to her once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! You did a great job with that color palette. The BG papers are just perfect, and the flowers are beautiful. Fabulous take on Kazan's sketch, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card!! LOOOOOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant and lovely. Super impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the flowers, the trim... everything! Thanks for joining us at PPC this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love that sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautifully made - love the pink & red together
    Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
    :)Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are so many cute things going on this card!!!
    I love the lace and I also love the pink pearls.

    Thanks for playing this week at PPC.

    Trish - PPC Creator

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! This is one of my favorite sayings. The red embossed background is so nice to build up from, and the white lace is such a delicate embellishment here! Love the pearls with your focal flowers!! Thanks for being with us at Cuttlebug Challenge this week. Come back soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning! Love the sentiment and the pretty lace on each end! Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing in our Cuttlebug Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It IS a very pretty card, Pattie! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!