Friday, August 27, 2010

thank you...sugar

Edit - this card was chosen as a Colour Q Courtier card for Colour Q #47!


I can't decide if this is retro or modern?...or a touch of both! But, what I do know is that it was so much fun to make...I am loving this paper from American Crafts and oh, how it takes you back to vintage kitchens with metal and colored table sets...colored appliances and fun, funky colors!

I started with the inspiration photo at Deb's Simple Treasures blog. She is giving away a copy of the Card Style Magazine she won since she already had one! Then I gathered up my sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You this week and the palette that also matches from Curtain Call Act 44 and I was ready to go!

I stamped the sugar bowl image on BoBunny double dot cardstock and cut it out with my craft knife. I knew I needed a tiny sentiment so I paired up the thank you with the sugar label and made a cutesy sentiment! I added this yummy white ruffly ribbon and some bright red pearls, a polka dot flower and I tied the tiny tag to the handle of the sugar bowl with embroidery floss!

I really hope you like it - I really did have fun with this one!

p.s. the yellow looks so orangy in this photo, but it's really yellow...I swear!

Challenges:
Simple Treasures - Card Style Magazine Giveaway - colors and theme!
2 Sketches 4 You - sketch!
Curtain Call Act 44 - turquoise, daffodil, poppy and white!
Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger - inspiration photo
Color Q #47 - poppy, mustard, turquoise, gray, white!

My Crafty Recipe:
Stamps: PTI Tea for Two Additions
Inks: ColorBox Chestnut Roan and Lipstick Red
Paper: AC Abode, Bazzill cardstock, BoBunny dbl. dot cardstock
Other: Spare Parts ribbon, Queen & Co. pearls, Prima and Making Memories flowers, embroidery floss and tiny tag from stash

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable!! Thanks for playing along with this challenge and GOOD LUCK :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute..love these papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! I love all the details and the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It says completely retro gorgeousness to me. It's lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pattied, this is such a cute card. I love how you used your papers. Thanks for playing the CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't matter what you call it, it is so darn sweet! Especially love the ribbon treatment. Nice take on the Trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute card! I think it's both - retro and modern! Thanks for playing along with the Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Pattie! What a funky approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!