Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Celebrate Your Day!


This week at the SCACD Friends with Heart Challenge is Week #8 and we have the easiest challenge ever...Anything Goes...with an SCACD image of course! And, don't forget about the great prize for May - a full sheet of Elisabeth Bell for SCACD Peekers ... they are so cute!

Here's one of my favorite images called Spunkette and she's an Elisabeth Bell exclusive for SCACD image. She's colored with Copics and cut out with my newest Spellbinders Nestie shape! I added some Stickles to her wings as well as around my sentiment from the Celebration Pennants set at Whimsy Stamps!

Lots of fun embellishments dress this card...a sheer bow topped with a crochet flower and mini rose, a double punched butterfly with some gems popped up in the corner and some swirls peeking out between the popped up sentiment and the scalloped circle base. Some pearls finish off the corners!

I also wanted to share with you this photo of the robin's nest built into my front door wreath by some very persistent feathered friends. They have been trying for weeks and finally got it done overnight last Thursday. I was amazed at how perfect it was. Then, each day since, I have found one more egg in the nest. Here's a pic when there were only three eggs yesterday...there are now four eggs! I'll keep you posted on my little friends! Every time someone opens the door, I yell, "Please don't slam the door shut!" My kids are already tired of hearing that!


Be sure to stop by the SCACD Friends with Heart Challenge blog for all the details of the challenge and visit the other Design Team members blogs to see what they have to share with you today! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Challenges:
Paper Sundaes 70 - Pop It Up!

6 comments:

  1. Oh that image is ADORABLE!!! I can't believe birds build a nest in your front door wreath. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to say that I LOVE her red hair....care to share the colors you used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card, great coloring and I love the crochet flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Pattie! Love the colors, pp and your coloring of that sweet image! and how cool to have a robin's nest in your door wreath - those eggs are such a gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pattie~~This is just the cutest!!! Great layout and embellies~~Spunkette is so dern cute!!
    Hey we have a nest of Robin eggs at our home also and they have just hatched ~~baby birdies so fun to watch!!
    Have agreat weekend!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pattie your creation is as amazing as it's creator! Fabulous shading and overall design! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!