Tuesday, August 9, 2011

All For Love...


Hi there crafty friends! Have you ever been inspired by a sunset? I know I have and when I saw the Shades of Sunset challenge at Flourishes, I made sure to make some crafty time to play along!

Now, these colors are a little outside my realm of comfort, but I have always appreciated the colors since my birthday is in October and you really can't escape them at that time of year!


And, I just got back from vacation where I have seen some of the most beautiful and inspiring sunsets! So, I got out my Hearts & Flowers set and tried to recreate the flowers that I have seen using these colors...I even photographed my card on the Copics I used in case you want to know! The background is embossed with a Sizzix folder and I added this coral eyelet lace and my PTI die cut banner with my sweet sentiment. I didn't have the exact colors of pearls I wanted, so I used my Copics to make custom colored pearls!

You can play along with the Flourishes Shades of Sunset challenge too...right here! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Pattie, this is a beautiful card. To be outside your realm you did a wonderful job.

    Hugs,
    Dianne
    http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!