Monday, September 5, 2011

Congrats - You're #1!

Hi there...I don't know about you, but I had a fabulous holiday weekend full of friends, fun and crafting! I've been working on this card for a bit today and I finally finished it!

It's for the My Favorite Things September Guest Designer Contest and it also follows the MFT Getting Sketchy #35 sketch from last week! The theme for this month's contest is Rip and Roll and boy did I have fun ripping and rolling on this one!

As you can see from the detail pic, I ripped up every edge of every layer on this card (except for the fold edge because I didn't want to make my card weak) with my scissors and I rolled lots of corners and edges too! Wanna know what else is rolled...those cute little beads hanging from my twine bow are hand rolled! And...there's tons of distressing going on here with a couple of colors of ink on the edges.

I just love the MFT a' la modes collection and here's one of my faves called All Star! I also used some MFT Die-namics on this one...there's Banner Day die in the center and the end of the Polka Dot Greetings Frame die on the top left corner! The sentiments are both from the same stamp set as the image. These yummy papers are from My Mind's Eye...they're shiny, shimmery and embossed...love them too! Thanks for stopping by today...have a great week!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Love your hand rolled beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZERS! Patti, this is fabulous! I love the ALM girlie too and I love her with these gorgeous papers! The ripping looks great and I soooooo LOVE those super cute rolled paper beads...brilliant idea!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!