Sunday, May 19, 2013

DeNami Design May Blog Hop - Fresh Florals!


Hi there! It's time for the May DeNami Design Blog Hop today and I hope you'll join us for some fun! This month's theme is Fresh Florals! If you made it here from Emily Keaton's Blog , then you are on the right track! If you need to start at the beginning or want to see a list of the hoppers, please go to the DeNami Design Blog.

 The blog hop starts on May 19th, but you have until May 20th, 2012, at 11:59pm PST, to leave comments on all the blogs (to be eligible for a prize). DeNami Designs is giving away $20 gift certificates to their store to TWO people who comment along the hop! So don't forget to leave some love along the way! Here's what I made for the hop...



One of the things I like to do every once in a while, is use a stamp in a different way. This time, I took the Hydrangea Border and used just the flower clusters! I colored them with Copics, added a little sparkle with my Gelly Roll pen and cut out each cluster and popped them up on pop dots for some dimension. There's lots of dimension underneath too...the layer under the flowers is popped up and I used the Small Swirl Corner stamp as a sort of 'vase' to give the flowers some grounding and keep my diamond shape consistent instead of having them just floating!

I added a vine border around my diamond with a Memory Box die and stamped my sentiment... from All Occasion Sentiments  set. A couple of pearls and it's done!

Your next stop is Lisa Petrella's Blog and I'm sure there's something special to see over there! Have a great time hopping today! 

siggy_draft2

36 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I've been eyeing the hydrangea border stamp for awhile and now that i see the size of the flower clusters...I wants! beautiful card, the diecut frame is the perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I mean really wow! This is sooooo beautiful! Great balance with details galore! And so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and oh so elegant! Absolutely beautiful Pattie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love the 3D effect on your flowers, and the die is a perfect match for those beauties! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hydrangeas make such a beautiful focal point. Gorgeous Pattie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card,love your flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fancy card, those flowers are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hydrangea cluster stamp and you have made a beautiful card using that stamp. They are really colored well too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hydranges cluster stamp one of my favorite flowers, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the frame around the hydrangeas - such an elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card would be gorgeous even without the dimensions, but you've made it even more fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Love the pink and green combo and that delightful Hydrangea Border stamp! Love the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow just beautiful! I love the floral image and how beautiful you colored.

    Hugs,
    Jo
    Jo's Scrap Shack

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty & intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Admire your patience in cutting out those tiny flower clusters. Your efforts certainly paid off. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pattie, your card is lovely, i like the fresh look of the diamond shaped focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pattie I am LOVING the color combo and the FUN Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card. I love the box outlining the art. Clever use of the swirl stamp tucked under the flowers in their 3D form.

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is my favorite color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I ADORE this card to pieces, Pattie! You always do such a beautiful job with your coloring, and this card is no exception. Fabulous take on the Fresh Florals theme, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The stamp is sweet...but LOVE the vine detail !!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the colors, the 'vase', and the vine border.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simply stunning Pattie! Goodness you did such a fantastic job with the DeNami stamps. SO happy you could hop along with us today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pinned this beauty! I have that MB die & never thought to make a frame with it--perfect! Love the blooms--wishing I had that stamp now--& your "vase" is just brilliant! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pattie, this is so stunning! So elegant… Just pure perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow, this is elegance and classic beauty all wrapped up! Love this Pattie. Your coloring is beautiful. And thos epink pearls are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very sweet--I like the swirl vase and the vine border.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so pretty. i like how you shaded the flowers. It makes them pop out.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful creation, Pattie!!! I LOVE how you layered up the hydrangea clusters and that vine border is a gorgeous detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow - stunning, feminine, and amazing! It looks amazingly elegant, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your card is SO pretty and feminine, Pattie! I love how you framed that gorgeous focal point with those intricate vines. LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!