Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sweetheart - Shabby Tea Room Week #12

Hi there - it is so beautiful here in Southern PA today! I have to work, but I thought I'd just sneak this one in for you to see. I made this card for The Shabby Tea Room Week 12 "Dear to My Heart" challenge. You just need to use a heart as the main focal point of your card...and guess what? ... the sponsor is JustRite Stampers!!!



As soon as I saw the challenge I knew I wanted to use my Basic Grey Bittersweet papers and embellies for this one!. I started off with the base and added a sliver of the die cut paper and a strip of the striped paper at the bottom. There are a lot of layers on this card. On top of that is a layer of Bazzill brown cardstock that got Martha Stewart's deco fans edged punch treatment and a little ColorBox Chestnut Roan ink (as well as all the other papers too). I topped all that with two smaller squares of the Bittersweet papers after punching them out with my Fiskars punches.

As for the heart...I took the Bittersweet rubons, cut the largest one in half and repositioned them together to make a heart on my Bazzill French Vanilla paper. The Prima flower just added the finishing touch along with the BG buttons and a few Kaiser pink pearls.

I hope you like it and if so, please leave a comment!

Thanks for stopping by...

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love those BG papers! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I {heart} that pretty flower, heart image ... and oh my, all those buttons! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Love the heart with the flower, and adore all those buttons. Thanks for playing along with us at the Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!